Google search is the most widely used and trusted search engine in the world. It processes over 3.5 billion searches per day, and accounts for more than 90% of the global search market share. Therefore, ranking high on Google search is one of the best ways to increase your online visibility, traffic, and authority. However, ranking high on Google search is not easy. You need to follow the best practices and strategies that can help you optimize your article for Google’s algorithm, and provide the best value and experience for your target audience. In this article, we will share some of the best tips and tricks on how to make your article rank high on Google search in 2023, and boost your online success.
Understand Your Target Audience and Their Search Intent
The first and most important step to make your article rank high on Google search is to understand your target audience and their search intent. Your target audience is the group of people who are most likely to be interested in your article, and who can benefit from your content. Your search intent is the goal or purpose behind their search query, and what they expect to find as a result. You need to understand your target audience and their search intent, because they determine the keywords, topics, and content that you should use in your article. To understand your target audience and their search intent, you can use various tools and methods, such as:
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free and powerful tool that can help you analyze your website’s traffic, behavior, and performance. You can use Google Analytics to find out who your visitors are, where they come from, how they interact with your site, and what they are looking for. You can also use Google Analytics to track and measure your article’s performance, such as impressions, clicks, bounce rate, conversions, and more1.
- Google Search Console: Google Search Console is a free and essential tool that can help you monitor and improve your site’s presence and performance on Google search. You can use Google Search Console to find out what keywords and queries your site ranks for, how often your site appears on Google search, how many clicks and impressions your site receives, and what issues or errors your site may have2.
- Google Keyword Planner: Google Keyword Planner is a free and useful tool that can help you find and research keywords for your article. You can use Google Keyword Planner to discover new keyword ideas, see how popular and competitive they are, and get suggestions on how to use them in your article3.
- Google Trends: Google Trends is a free and interesting tool that can help you explore and compare the popularity and interest of different keywords, topics, and trends over time and across regions. You can use Google Trends to find out what your target audience is searching for, how their search behavior changes, and what opportunities or challenges you may face4.
- Google Suggest: Google Suggest is a simple and handy feature that can help you find and refine your keywords and topics. You can use Google Suggest to see what Google predicts or suggests as you type in your search query, and what other related or similar queries people are searching for5.
Write a Compelling and Optimized Title and Meta Description
The second step to make your article rank high on Google search is to write a compelling and optimized title and meta description. Your title and meta description are the elements that appear on Google search results, and that influence whether people will click on your article or not. Your title and meta description should be:
- Relevant: Your title and meta description should match your article’s content and your target audience’s search intent. They should also include your main keyword or phrase, preferably at the beginning or close to the beginning.
- Attractive: Your title and meta description should catch your target audience’s attention and interest, and entice them to click on your article. They should also convey the value and benefit of your article, and what your target audience can expect to learn or achieve from it.
- Unique: Your title and meta description should stand out from the other results on Google search, and differentiate your article from your competitors. They should also reflect your brand’s voice and personality, and show your target audience why they should choose you over others.
- Concise: Your title and meta description should be clear and concise, and fit within the character limits imposed by Google. Your title should be no longer than 60 characters, and your meta description should be no longer than 160 characters. You should also avoid using unnecessary words, symbols, or punctuation marks.
Create High-Quality, Valuable, and Engaging Content
The third step to make your article rank high on Google search is to create high-quality, valuable, and engaging content. Your content is the core of your article, and the main factor that determines your article’s ranking and performance. Your content should be:
- Informative: Your content should provide useful information, insights, or solutions to your target audience’s problems, questions, or needs. Your content should also be accurate, reliable, and up-to-date, and cite credible sources and references when necessary.
- Relevant: Your content should match your title and meta description, and your target audience’s search intent. Your content should also include your main keyword and related keywords or phrases, and use them naturally and strategically throughout your article.
- Comprehensive: Your content should cover your topic or subject in depth and detail, and provide all the information and resources that your target audience may need or want. Your content should also be well-organized and well-structured, and use headings, subheadings, bullet points, lists, and other elements to break down your content into smaller and easier-to-read sections.
- Engaging: Your content should capture your target audience’s attention and interest, and keep them hooked and satisfied until the end. Your content should also encourage your target audience to take action, such as leaving a comment, sharing your article, subscribing to your newsletter, or buying your product or service.
- Original: Your content should be unique and original, and not copied or duplicated from other sources. You should also add your own touch and personality to your content, and show your target audience your expertise, authority, and credibility on your topic or niche.